-  Y. Hatsugai, T. Fukui, H. Aoki, Phys. Rev. B 74, 205414 (2006) : [Journal Link] , arXiv:cond-mat/0607669
- "Topological analysis of the quantum Hall effect in graphene"
-  Y. Hatsugai, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 73, 2604 (2004) : [Journal Link] , arXiv:cond-mat/0405551
- "Explicit Gauge Fixing for Degenerate Multiplets: A Generic Setup for Topological Orders"
-  Geometrical phases of condensed matter physics
- Target material and phenomena
- (1) Graphene as a relativistic Dirac particle in solid states
- (2) Quantum Hall effects as typical topological insulators
- (3) Quantum spin Hall phase as a time reversal invariant topological insulator
- (4) Electrons with strong correlation as non trivial quantum liquids
- (5) Exotic superconductivity with anisotropic pairing
- (6) Frustrated magnets as typical spin liquids
- (7) Semiconductor nano-structures as a playground of novel quantum phenomena
- (8) Universal edge states in quantum (spin) Hall effects, Haldane magnets, photonic crystals and cold atoms
- (9) Aharonov-Bohm effect and its generalization
- Theoretical methods and concepts
- (1) Non-Abelian gauge structures of the Berry connections
- (2) Berry connections and their generalization
- (3) Quantum order parameters by the Chern numbers and generic Berry phases
- (4) Theory of generic Aharnov-Bohm effects
- (5) Entanglement entropy of quantum liquids and spin liquids
- (6) Universality of the Bulk-Edge correspondence
- (7) Characterization of topological orders in quantum liquids
-  Novel quantum phenomena in real material and their relation to the emerging mathematical concepts as quantum group
- Some works [Link1][Link2]
-  Novel techniques to study ferimonic many body systems with strong correlation
- Basic work [Link]  Realistic electronic structures & topological quantities
- One of my basic works [Link]
- Let me explain what we are interested in!
- Class & Theses
- Information about the courses & theses. Japanese only at a moment
- Who we are!
- Coming seminar
- How to join us
Information to join us:
- Graduate courses at Univ. of Tsukuba [Web]
- Contact me before taking the exam !
Information for access. How to reach us.
Institute of Physics
University of Tsukuba
Hatsugai Group, Condensed Matter Theory
Targets of our research is to explore new insight and find novel physical principles in condensed matter materials and phenomena. We have been working on the following topics. [paper]